London’s most popular restaurants are being flooded with diners and catering staff in the wake of the London Bridge terror attacks.
The number of diners at these eateries has been staggering since the attack.
One restaurant, a steakhouse called “The Steakhouse”, had more than 1,000 diners by lunchtime on Sunday.
It was closed for 24 hours.
The steakhouse was the first to reopen but the diners are still there.
“The staff are still trying to figure out what’s going on,” restaurant owner Daniel Hockett told the BBC.
“I’m just trying to get through the week.
I’m not sure how long we can do that.”
Daniel Hockingett, owner of the Steak House in London’s Kings Cross, has had to shut his restaurant after the attacks Read more Daniel Hocksett said he was still reeling from the terror attacks in the UK on Monday.
“It’s just really hard, we just don’t know what to do,” he said.
“We don’t have the food to go out.
I’ve got to be the one to try to feed everyone.
We’ve been lucky so far.”
The restaurant has had “hundreds of people come in for lunch” from as far as the UK, according to the restaurant’s owner.
The chef has been overwhelmed by the response.
“Everyone wants to be a part of it, everyone wants to help.
It’s not going to stop.
We’re just trying,” he told the London Evening Standard.
The restaurants were not the only ones closing down.
There were several other closures, including the restaurant that opened on the night of the attack, the Steaks on a Wall, in the West End.
A group of dinners had to walk from the Steakhouses to the nearby Royal Hotel in Knightsbridge.
“People are so stressed out they are just coming in for their meal, but they’re trying to make it through the day,” Daniel Hockedett said.
The Royal Hotel reopened on Monday, and its staff are now on hand to feed diners.
Daniel Hockerett said the Royal Hotel was “just not a place where we want to have people eating and drinking”.
“It is a little bit chaotic,” he added.
“But it’s not really going to get worse, it’s just going to be more normal.”